Welcome to Camlen Property Group
We are an independent investment, asset management and advisory group focussed on the acquisition and management of Australian commercial real estate assets.
Camlen Property Group is an independent investment, asset management and advisory group focussed on the acquisition and management of Australian commercial real estate assets. The principals of Camlen have in excess of 20 years real estate experience covering a broad range of disciplines.
Our objective is to source attractive real estate investment opportunities for wholesale and sophisticated investors that deliver strong risk adjusted return outcomes through implementing and executing a focussed investment strategy and by taking an active approach to asset management.
delivering strong risk
- Disciplined asset selection and active asset management -
Camlen Property Group’s objective is to source attractive real estate investment opportunities for wholesale and sophisticated investors that deliver strong risk adjusted returns. Through our extensive network of industry relationships, we are able provide investors with access to commercial real estate investment opportunities that are not presented to the broader market.
Camlen Property Group is focussed on acquiring assets that provide the potential for strong value creation opportunities and that also exhibit attributes that provide investors with strong down-side risk protection. Camlen Property Group develops a bespoke investment strategy for each asset which includes:
- A detailed analysis of potential risks and the development and implementation of appropriate mitigants;
- Available opportunities to add value through active management, including enhancing passing income, extending the assets lease expiry profile, undertaking refurbishment and re-leasing programs, improving the assets environmental credentials or undertaking a site rezoning;
- Securing an appropriate level of debt funding and hedging interest rate risk; and development of a clearly defined exit strategy / strategies.
Each of our investments are structured as simple, single asset, unregistered unit trust which enables the introduction of non-recourse debt financing. Each trust will be established for a fixed investment term ensuring a defined redemption period.
Camlen Property Group actively seeks to align our interests with those of our investors through ensuring our remuneration is largely based upon performance fees above a predetermined return hurdle, rather than through excessive base management fees.
In order to invest with us, investors must qualify as a ‘wholesale client’, defined as including:
- Investors (individuals and their associated controlled entities) who have net assets of at least $2.5 million or have a gross income in each of the last 2 financial years of at least $250,000 and provide a certificate issued by a qualified accountant certifying this.
- Investors (individuals and their associated controlled entities) that invest at least $500,000 or more at the one time.
To further understand how you can invest with Camlen Property Group and to enquire about our current investment opportunities, please contact us here.
- To deliver maximum returns -
Camlen Property Group offers a sophisticated real estate advisory and asset management service delivering professional, independent and strategic advice to our clients. Property sectors in which we have specific expertise and experience include:
CBD and suburban
& development sites
Industrial warehouse &
Retail outlets and
Key services that Camlen Property Group are able to provide include:
- Identifying properties suitable for acquisition based upon our clients desired investment criteria.
- Undertaking negotiations to achieve the best possible acquisition price and contract terms.
- Preparation of detailed financial modelling & sensitivity analysis.
- Supervision of the due diligence process including all legal, tax and physical building aspects.
- Negotiation of debt funding facilities.
- Development and implementation of an appropriate asset management & value enhancement strategy.
- Running asset divestment programs including oversight of vendor due diligence package preparation, and appointment and management of sales agents.
- A proven track record -
Jamus has over 10 years’ experience in the property industry as a qualified commercial property valuer and commercial estate agent. Jamus specialises in identifying, negotiating and acquiring attractive commercial real estate investments and assets capable of urban renewal.
Prior to forming Camlen Property Group, Jamus worked within the Metropolitan Investments team at CBRE, the world’s largest commercial real estate investment and advisory firm. Jamus has brokered in excess of $700 million in commercial property transactions across the investment (both passive and value-add), development and industrial sectors.
Jamus has a Bachelor of Business (Property) degree from RMIT University Melbourne, is a Certified Practising Valuer, an Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute and licensed estate agent.
M: 0478 672 448
Sean has over 10 years’ experience in the property industry having worked within real estate funds management, as an asset acquisitions manager and as a qualified commercial property valuer. Sean’s core skills include investment structuring and acquisitions, investment management, asset valuation and cash flow analysis.
Prior to forming Camlen Property Group, Sean worked with REST, one of Australia’s largest industry superannuation funds, being responsible for the origination and management of REST’s domestic real estate investments. Sean was also active in the development and implementation of REST’s real estate investment strategy.
Prior to REST, Sean was also with CBRE, gaining property experience in the Melbourne and United Kingdom property markets. Sean has a Bachelor of Business (Property) degree from RMIT University Melbourne, is a Certified Practising Valuer and an Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute.
M: 0448 903 740